Thursday, February 14, 2008

Wine, Fatboy, Wine

Last night Robin and I went to a free screening of Run, Fatboy, Run at the Arlington Cinema and Draft House that was preceded by a wine tasting hosted by the Washington Wine Academy. I tried four of the wines they had there but didn't have my recorder with me so I don't recall everything I had, honestly. There was an Irony 2005 Pinot Noir that was functional, for the most part. There was a Chardonnay/Torrontes blend from Argentina that I don't recall being particularly happy with - it was sort of bland. Some Sonoma blend of merlot, zinfandel, pinot noir, and a couple of other grapes that was actually quite good but had a very nondescript label. The label was black with a red blot on it and it simply said something along the lines of 2004 Red Wine Blend, Sonoma, CA. I'll try to hunt the bottle down.

The winner of the night, however, was Chasing Venus 2007 Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. Apricot and peach undertones, explosive on the tongue, great price tag - we ended up buying a bottle and enjoying it during the movie which, I should add, we enjoyed quite a bit more with the Chasing Venus. It was an overall enjoyable night. Lots of enjoying.

Speaking of enjoying, I certainly enjoyed getting free promotional running shorts. Here's a picture of me enjoying them. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Matt D. said...

Looks like an old-school rap album cover!